Troubled

Dunno84

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not sure what year it is, I got it from a clean out. I have an SST18 I believe is what it is. It's basically a sit on zero turn. However while mowing I lose steering, turn deck off and wait about 30 seconds and steering is back and mow for a bit and lose steering again. Hydraulic fluid is full. Any suggestions

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe a good time to take a good look up inside the frame at the drive belt. Could be worn and causing slipping on the drive pulleys when warm.

Reactions: KMG

Dunno84

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maybe a good time to take a good look up inside the frame at the drive belt. Could be worn and causing slipping on the drive pulleys when warm.
I'm not familiar with this type of mower at all, but would it still have a drive belt being a hydraulic system?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will have to remove the deck to inspect the drive belt which runs from the deck to the transmission. Once you have the deck off, you crawl under and you’ll see the belt. Look for cracks, glazed surfaces on the belt and any sign of wear. While you’re under there check the tensioner pulleys for wear and wobble.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm not familiar with this type of mower at all, but would it still have a drive belt being a hydraulic system?
Drive belt runs from the engine to the hydrostat transaxle. And like Rivets mentioned may need to remove the deck to get a good look at it.

Dunno84

Forum Newbie
Threads
View attachment 64149
Starting year serial numbers.
Thank you
You will have to remove the deck to inspect the drive belt which runs from the deck to the transmission. Once you have the deck off, you crawl under and you’ll see the belt. Look for cracks, glazed surfaces on the belt and any sign of wear. While you’re under there check the tensioner pulleys for wear and wobble.
What size belt does it take?