trouble with blade engagement cable

electro813

Forum Newbie
Threads
first i had a problem with trying to get the blades to turn off when i disengaged the lever thing by the steering wheel that connects to the engagment wire, so i installed a new one that seemed to help the blade start better but it still wasnt stopping when i disengaged it so i bought that little spring idler spring and i attached that to the deck and to a hole on that one wheel on the deck, was working great , blade stopped spinning when i disengaged the lever.

well now i go to engage the blade and the black plastic thing that attackeds to the little knob on the lever snaps off cuz its just too much force. so i take it apart and im thinking maybe i put the spring idler spring in the wrong spot so i took that off and tried again still way too difficult to engage it was like rock solid stuck, i tried keeping it together with pliers and then pulling it up blade still wont spin , u know how the lever area is shaped like a candy cane sorta u gotta go up and then to the right and down, i cant get the wire anywhere near that possition, so i thought id try spraying almost everything on the deck with wd40 , all the parts down there seem to move easily, i tried pulling on the wire from below and it just pulls that one wheel back like it should but the engagemnt wire is nowhere near where it should be. im so devastated, im dealing with sleep apnea and i dont have my cpap machine yet, im about to have a psychotic break, any help would be greatly appreciated. i thought perhaps maybe i need a new belt but why is the engagment cable not wanting to pull up

electro813

Forum Newbie
Threads
i know it might seem hard to decypher my rant i can try and look up actual part names if need be, thanks alot ahead of time