Trouble keeping engine running

dattilotech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello;

I had purchased a Simplicity wood chipper an 8 hoarse with 3" capacity chipping some time back, but ended up not using it for a while. When I tried to get it going, it was difficult, but I put a fresh tank of premium fuel, with some sea foam, & with some starter fluid I got it running. The problem is that even after I get
it running, (which can be pretty difficult), it has a hard time staying on. I have to play with the choke, & accellerator, not too much or little acceleration, trying to build the speed up, then the choke all over the place; high low, whatever it needs to keep running. I'd just like to get it running for this job I'm doing then maybe deal with a tune up
next spring. Anyway any thoughts on what I can do? Its a fairly bulky unit for running it around in the trunk of my car, so I was hoping there might be some things I could
do even temporarily.

Thanks, in advance;
Rob_D

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello;

I had purchased a Simplicity wood chipper an 8 hoarse with 3" capacity chipping some time back, but ended up not using it for a while. When I tried to get it going, it was difficult, but I put a fresh tank of premium fuel, with some sea foam, & with some starter fluid I got it running. The problem is that even after I get
it running, (which can be pretty difficult), it has a hard time staying on. I have to play with the choke, & accellerator, not too much or little acceleration, trying to build the speed up, then the choke all over the place; high low, whatever it needs to keep running. I'd just like to get it running for this job I'm doing then maybe deal with a tune up
next spring. Anyway any thoughts on what I can do? Its a fairly bulky unit for running it around in the trunk of my car, so I was hoping there might be some things I could
do even temporarily.

Thanks, in advance;
Rob_D

Sounds to me like a plugged carburetor. Sorry not a temporarily fix. Just bite the bullet and fix it right and it will be all ready for you next spring. Just adding junk to the fuel isn't going to fix anything.

dattilotech

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds to me like a plugged carburetor. Sorry not a temporarily fix. Just bite the bullet and fix it right and it will be all ready for you next spring. Just adding junk to the fuel isn't going to fix anything.

Hello;
Well, we attempted to clean the carburetor out, & put things back together. As far as I could see there weren't too many different ways
to re-assemble the needle, bowl, etc.. Problem was though is now the engine won't stay on much at all. It acts like it wants to start maybe for about
20 seconds with quick start sprayed, but then, I can't get it to stay on. Before it would stay on but run rugged, & sometimes act like it wanted to cut off.
Looks like I took a step forward that went backward.
Any thoughts why it only stays on for 20 seconds or so. There's only one way to put the bowl back on there's two ears that it has to mount to, with a pin through them, and the needle just goes in a hole, & sets through a flap on the bowl. It sounds to me like this might be a problem, but also seems like there's no other way to put it back together.

Thanks for any input in advance;
Rob_D