Tried everything listed, pls advice what else to check.

shadetree#1

Threads
  • / Tried everything listed, pls advice what else to check.
You say:
Taking the engine apart will be my last step If it still won’t run.

That is not a good idea.
I just put a really good engine back together that the previous owner took apart because it would not start. I think he mainly just wanted to see what was inside. He had all the parts in a tub and just gave all to me including the tub, said he was sick of it and he bought a replacement engine.

When I got it back together it would not start, not even try to start, had good compression, spark at plug and I primed with gas. No go.
Spark seemed little strange maybe little weak when checked on a spark plug gapped at .050 as a test. Briggs spark tester produced a spark but not blu/white when viewed in dark room

Throwed a $15 Clone magneto on it a instant start.

Do not overlook the simple things. Compression, fuel, ignition (at the correct time)

shadetree#1

Threads
  • / Tried everything listed, pls advice what else to check.
You asked:
Blower is off, but what is the kill wire?

The kill wire is the black wire that is connected to the magneto.
Sometimes the small black magneto kill wire is under the magneto (bottom next to engine) and the mag has to be unbolted to disconnect (unplug) at the mag. I sometimes just cut the magneto kill wire by the starter area to keep from having to remove the air cowling, and I strip about 1 inch of insulation from the end for grounding if the engine then starts with the kill wire disconnected. This lets me know if the kill wire is grounded back towards the engine wire harness towards the switch.
When this wire is grounded it kills the engine and spark. Sometimes a rodent will chew the insulation or the wire pinched and the wire gets grounded under the air cowling.
Be careful if you go to unbolt the two 5/16 magneto screws and do not twist them off in the block. Gently peck on their heads first then use a 6 point drive socket to gently break them loose. You will have to re-set the air gap after the mag is loosened/removed. (set at .012) Do not overtighten them when going back but get them good and snug so as the magneto does not come loose and get into the flywheel. They are machine steel screws into aluminum block and the threads sometimes gall.
I use little bit of anti-seize on their threads when going back.