transmition fluid

whmtd

Member
hi I have a hydro mtd ha4145 the transmition fluid is getting a very low and I need to top it up before it dos damage but what oil do you use and do you just top it up or change all he fluid? thanks:smile:
 
hi I have a hydro mtd ha4145 the transmition fluid is getting a very low and I need to top it up before it dos damage but what oil do you use and do you just top it up or change all he fluid? thanks:smile:

have you looked in the owners manual???
 
20-50 oil from what I know

I agree. The manual for my Toro ZTR says to use either Toro HYPR-OIL 500, or 20w/50 motor oil. The service manual for the hydros says to use 20w/50 motor oil. I suspect the Toro fluid is motor oil that they tint.

I would change all the fluid, rather than just topping it off.
Bruce
 
Back
Top