transmission

qld mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all I am new hear ok husqvarna lt 1238 A tenant has had the use of this mower for some time and as you have probably guessed when I want to use it no go I belive it to be A transmission problem when I release the brake / clutch pedal it stalls, engine seems fine when drive belt removed brake mechanism has been removed cleaned and reinstalled wheels seem to turn freely both directions drive pulley on top of transmission turns freely and turns wheels all linkage seem to be ok so that's ware I am up to with it any suggestions as to problem would be much appreciated
ian

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all I am new hear ok husqvarna lt 1238 A tenant has had the use of this mower for some time and as you have probably guessed when I want to use it no go I belive it to be A transmission problem when I release the brake / clutch pedal it stalls, engine seems fine when drive belt removed brake mechanism has been removed cleaned and reinstalled wheels seem to turn freely both directions drive pulley on top of transmission turns freely and turns wheels all linkage seem to be ok so that's ware I am up to with it any suggestions as to problem would be much appreciated
ian

Just to be clear, all of the drive pulley's between the engine and tranny turn freely? There should be 2 or 3.

qld mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just to be clear, all of the drive pulley's between the engine and tranny turn freely? There should be 2 or 3.
HI yes I have removed the mower deck so only main drive belt in position and pulley on transmission moves freely
regards

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Again for clarity
You start your engine then release the brake & the engine stops .
Is that correct ?

If so start the engine and engage the blades
Does the engine turn off as well ?

qld mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like the wrong or bad safety switch.
hi ok gradually working through the problems broken pin on safety switch now replaced next issue spring on deck cable ware dose the spring attach behind rear wheel no holes in chassis seem to be ant ware near lining up with spring length when not tenshioned

]

qld mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi ok gradually working through the various problem next question ware dose the spring end of the deck cable attach behind the rear wheel none of the holes in chassis seem to line up when spring not tensioned A photo or sketch would be great
thank you everyone for your help so far
regards

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you mean part # 152 in this parts diagram ?
LT 1238 deck

If so it passes through the bracket # 151 and on to the lever # 157
Remove the wheel to make life a bit easier for yourself.