Transmission slipping

6 Mowe Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hustler Raptor SD60.
Drive belt failed and I put it in drive with levers and towed it about 75 feet behind car and wheels were turning(I was tired and forgot to release transmissions).
I eventually changed drive belt and tested drive function in air on jack stands(it passed).
I set it down and turned in all directions eventually with no trouble.After moving about 50 feet I lost left side drive and it became intermitent in response.
Belt tension looks fine.
Did I damage transmission?

6 Mowe Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hustler Raptor SD60.
Drive belt failed and I put it in drive with levers and towed it about 75 feet behind car and wheels were turning(I was tired and forgot to release transmissions).
I eventually changed drive belt and tested drive function in air on jack stands(it passed).
I set it down and turned in all directions eventually with no trouble.After moving about 50 feet I lost left side drive and it became intermitent in response.
Belt tension looks fine.
Any qualified advice appreciated.
Thanks!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hustler Raptor SD60.
Belt tension looks fine.

Potentially yes you damaged the transaxle. Always put hydro pump or hydro transaxle in bypass to push or tow.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
raise the wheel off the ground
The run the engine at the lowest speed it will run smoothly
Work the control arm 20 to 50 times slowly in both directions
You should see the wheel eventually start to pick up speed then it will be impossible to stop it with your foot
You have now purged the air from the system
Go mow

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also make the drive belt idler arm is freely moving as to take tension as it needs to. A slipping belt can mimick a bad hydro.

But I would say there a good chance that hydro is damage as it was ran dry on oil on wheel motor side.

kbowley

Threads
Costly mistake...should have left the handle out and dragged it. Better yet, pull the two releases on the hydro's and go very slowly. Probably a 3400 series hydro gear...ouch :(