Transmission replacement

darkmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LT1050 that had been very good over the years. Last week the tranny went and I would like to replace it. I have talked with a couple of repair outfits in my area and it seems like all they want to do is rip me off. I have replaced automotive trannies in the past - those were easy because there's plenty of room under a car. Are there any write-ups on how to do this for this mower? Thanks.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That uses a HydroGear 314-0510, have you replaced the oil and filter???
Also the manual covers how to purge the air from the system, see attached, You have to do this when changing the oil/filter...
You should have No trouble removing this transaxle... And to change the oil you need to remove it.
Then locate the pipe plug on top of the assembly, remove the plug and dump out the oil. Replace with about 80 oz. synthetic engine oil 15w 50 or 5w 40, Mobil1 or Shell Rotella T6....

Follow purge instructions.... :smile:KennyV

Attachments

• HydroGearCubCadetPurge.jpg
    HydroGearCubCadetPurge.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 19

darkmann

Forum Newbie
Threads
That uses a HydroGear 314-0510, have you replaced the oil and filter???
Also the manual covers how to purge the air from the system, see attached, You have to do this when changing the oil/filter...
You should have No trouble removing this transaxle... And to change the oil you need to remove it.
Then locate the pipe plug on top of the assembly, remove the plug and dump out the oil. Replace with about 80 oz. synthetic engine oil 15w 50 or 5w 40, Mobil1 or Shell Rotella T6....

Follow purge instructions.... :smile:KennyV
Thanks Kenny. The P/N for my tranny is 618-0319. It doesn't have a drain plug. I just ordered a new transmission. I will have to have it installed by a shop that I trust.