transmission bypass rod

Darrell3958

Forum Newbie
Threads
the transmission bypass rod does not seem to be working at all. pull it out it rolls, push it in it rolls. I need help with this one

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say that either the bypass rod isn't releasing or you have much bigger issues.

Darrell3958

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would say that either the bypass rod isn't releasing or you have much bigger issues.
I took out the battery and can feel the rod going back and forth. It feels it is hitting a notch when it does this

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Without the model number it kinda hard which transaxle you have.

You might have with keyed axles and you just replace a wheel. But most late model Cubs do have Double D axles.

Darrell3958

Forum Newbie
Threads
Without the model number it kinda hard which transaxle you have.

You might have with keyed axles and you just replace a wheel. But most late model Cubs do have Double D axles.
it is a 2015 model 13WPA1CT009

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
XT1-LT46 (13WPA1CT009) appears to use the Tuff Torq K46DM series Hydro with Double D axles so my thought is out the window.

Try raising the rear end and see if both wheel will spin the same direction at the same time.

Darrell3958

Forum Newbie
Threads
XT1-LT46 (13WPA1CT009) appears to use the Tuff Torq K46DM series Hydro with Double D axles so my thought is out the window.

Try raising the rear end and see if both wheel will spin the same direction at the same time.
will try tomorrow.

Darrell3958

Forum Newbie
Threads
So are you saying when you start the engine, and engage the forward/reverse pedal or handle, the mower does not move? Or is just the bypass rod in either position (in or out) and the riding mower rolls. Big difference.
yes when I start it and push either forward or reverse nothing. Also the bypass rod in either position the mower rolls

Richard C

Threads
Try changing the transmission fluid if that doesn’t work you probably have faulty hydraulic pumps
had a similar problem and had to open up transmission and found broken springs in pump replaced them and all worked ok