Trailer Fire

X-man

Threads
Just had a former customer's trailer burn down to the ground last night. Will post pics later in the afternoon.

Nobody was injured since this trailer has been vacant since Saturday.

The lady that lived there recently got evicted for non-payment of rent, and then last night it randomly bursts into flames? Try telling me that's a coincidence. Everybody in the park is thinking it was arson.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just had a former customer's trailer burn down to the ground last night. Will post pics later in the afternoon.

Nobody was injured since this trailer has been vacant since Saturday.

The lady that lived there recently got evicted for non-payment of rent, and then last night it randomly bursts into flames? Try telling me that's a coincidence. Everybody in the park is thinking it was arson.

:smile: Yeah that is pretty coincidental, Is there going to be an investigation?

X-man

Threads
:smile: Yeah that is pretty coincidental, Is there going to be an investigation?

As far as I know, more than likely. I'm gonna talk to the park manager today about it.

X-man

Threads
It was kinda scary because this trailer is right across the street from me. Police had me evacuate my trailer since my place was at risk of catching fire with the already-burning one.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
It was kinda scary because this trailer is right across the street from me. Police had me evacuate my trailer since my place was at risk of catching fire with the already-burning one.

Better safe than sorry, it would only take one spark in the right place. They and you did the right thing :thumbsup:

X-man

Threads
This picture kinda shows how big the flames were (sorry, it's kinda blurry). It was the trailer behind the double-wide. Took this pic from my driveway:
fire_043014.jpeg

This is the aftermath of the fire. Took these pics this morning.
fire_aftermath_01.jpg
fire_aftermath_02.jpg

possum

Threads
It could be arson. But if the gas and power was on likely not. Renters leave things behind that are still operating often. Trailers burn down in a flash. It does not take much to set them ablaze. People that leave in a hurry often cram stuff into closets and crawl spaces. Often renters hook things into the wiring and then take the things with them but leave the mess they made of the wiring. Rental homes are an accident that is going to happen sooner or later.

X-man

Threads
It could be arson. But if the gas and power was on likely not. Renters leave things behind that are still operating often. Trailers burn down in a flash. It does not take much to set them ablaze. People that leave in a hurry often cram stuff into closets and crawl spaces. Often renters hook things into the wiring and then take the things with them but leave the mess they made of the wiring. Rental homes are an accident that is going to happen sooner or later.

These people owned the trailer, and there was also no sign of anything inside, just a refrigerator and a couple kerosene tanks. The fire started in the rear.

There was also no sign of a toilet in the restroom, and also the kitchen sink was missing.

Ceramic doesn't burn.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I live in the country with no close neighbors, thank goodness. I can understand if some low life lives right next to you burns down their home you could be upset. If it was arson I sure hope they prove it for your sake. Not only do they put your life in jeopardy but they are ripping off the insurance company so we all pay for it. Good luck on this.