Trading equipment.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do not trade in. Because I do not buy new mowers.

3 months ago every guy and his brother bought a new mower to start doing lawn care. This winter I will buy them at half price when they need rent money.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads

3 months ago every guy and his brother bought a new mower to start doing lawn care. This winter I will buy them at half price when they need rent money.

Hahaha :) yep. I'm keeping my eye out for a 33" belt drive like the cub or ariens

Nwatson99

Threads

LOL you know that is a good business plan.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hahaha :) yep. I'm keeping my eye out for a 33" belt drive like the cub or ariens

I hope to find a stand on.

I have been using the toro ztr and the snapper walk behind.

That old snapper is a workout but good on hills.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
My thinking is I never buy a mower that cost more then it will make in a week.

I guess that is a good plan if you use push mowers or small mowers and cut small lots. When you cut large areas and competition is tough the. You Bette have something a little more.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I guess that is a good plan if you use push mowers or small mowers and cut small lots. When you cut large areas and competition is tough the. You Bette have something a little more.

Most times I only cut up to a acre but no more then 3 acres.
50 inch is all I need.

When I do bid big jobs I use the 72 inch toro. For my every day work a used $2000 mower does just fine.

If I pay $2000 for a $5000 mower and use it for say 6 months and sell it for $2000 I am still doing good.

In the past 3 years I have spent no money on work mowers. I have bought them used them sold them and made money from just selling them so I have no cost for the mowers I use.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most times I only cut up to a acre but no more then 3 acres. 50 inch is all I need. When I do bid big jobs I use the 72 inch toro. For my every day work a used $2000 mower does just fine. If I pay $2000 for a $5000 mower and use it for say 6 months and sell it for $2000 I am still doing good. In the past 3 years I have spent no money on work mowers. I have bought them used them sold them and made money from just selling them so I have no cost for the mowers I use.

I have not found any decent used mowers in my area. I guess they are here but don't know where to look. We don't have a local Craig's List.....

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have not found any decent used mowers in my area. I guess they are here but don't know where to look. We don't have a local Craig's List.....

I get most of mine from Facebook yards sale groups.

Dalton man page And one mans junk

I find that people that post on Craigslist know what they have