Turning technique probably has as much effect on tearing up the yard as tire type.
Don't pivot on a tire. If you have to turn tight, spin around the mower's vertical axis, i.e., one wheel going forward and the other in reverse.
How are you going around these trees? In a circle? If so, that's your problem. You never want the front of the mower pointing downhill on substantial slopes. That puts most of the weight on the front caster wheels that you have no control of and off the rear wheels that you depend on for traction and control.I am getting better at that. This is my first zero turn and I have about 4.5 hours on it so I am still a rookie however I am definitely starting to get the hang of it. I do tend to pivot more on the inside tire that is in reverse and am conscious about needing to have the opposite tire going forward. the first 1-2 hours of operation I put some nice divots in the lawn but each time I mow I get better at it.
The side of the front yard I am having the traction issue is the steeper of the 2 sides. I am mowing diagonally to the incline and she seems to be pretty stable going in a straight line but when I need to go around trees is when I cant keep the wheels from spinning. I don't want to tear up the grass but more importantly I don't want to end up in the ditch at the bottom!
Thanks for the video- the was extremely helpful and I will try that next time.
Thanks for the video- the was extremely helpful and I will try that next time.
Are you doing any better on slopes now?