• Village (Small Yard)

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Country (All the yard I want!)

Votes: 63 78.8%

• Total voters

The Post Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
I want to live in Costa Rica; at this point in time, it is not controlled by an illegal dictator!

benski

Threads
All the yards I can handle, anyway..75X550 RC airplane runway, 1/2 acre shop, 1/3 acre at the house.:eek:

rmancini

Threads
I live in a village on the edge of the country.

I haven't heard the word "Village" in eons.
Back home, (also New York) my home town wasn't large enough to be a village, it was a "Hamlet".
I suppose that hamlet, village and town are all throw-backs from when New Yorkers were British.
My Hamlet was founded in 1653.
Rich

Oddball

Threads
I don't fit any of those. I'm in between two towns in an unincorporated section of the county, but am in a neighborhood on approximately 2/3 of an acre with about 1/3 of an acre being yard. I'd prefer to have a few hundred acres out in AZ, NM or west TX; somewhere I could just sit down on the front porch or the deck and shoot at targets way out on the back 40 if I wanted without disturbing the neighbors or having the cops called.

odleo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in the country and could not imagine living in a city or village. To many neighbors for me

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I live in the country and could not imagine living in a city or village. To many neighbors for me
:welcome: To LMF, and yes I agree, I don't like too many neighbours.

However, I wouldn't mind living in a village, so long as the few neighbours were friendly.

I prefer a village to the country because in winter when we can't get the car out, it is good to have a village shop to buy the essentials from.

sss

Threads
I live in the country with many feilds reason to have loads of mowers:laughing:

jamesslcx

Threads
Hi everyone, I live in the country but dont like it so much. It has changed for the worse over the years...and I get tired of the long drive to reach civilisation.

rmancini

Threads
Hi everyone, I live in the country but dont like it so much. It has changed for the worse over the years...and I get tired of the long drive to reach civilisation.

Are you in Bethpage, Long Island by any chance ?

jamesslcx

Threads
No Bethpage, TN. It feels like the middle of nowhere! Even so, Its getting crowded around us, our ten acres seems so small now! Most of the people moving in around us seem so unruly, I guess they know they can get away doing stuff out here that they couldnt in town, although some of the older neighbors are very nice and old fashioned. Living in the country aint what it used to be. Take care.