Towing capacity

BT2 Zeke

Member
I have a RZT50. I was wondering if anyone has installed the optional "trailer hitch" on one then towed with it? I have a 50 gallon water tank that I need to move around two acres for watering the garden and trees. The tank is wheeled on both ends with a steering arm on the front wheels that makes it extremely towable. The property isn't flat. There are inclines that will add to the stress.

I'm just not sure about towing a potential 300lb. tank around with a 2007 RZT50.

TIA
 
OK. Thanks guys you kind of confirmed my thoughts. I've already replaced one hydro. The other is getting replaced this winter.
 
I have a RZT50. I was wondering if anyone has installed the optional "trailer hitch" on one then towed with it? I have a 50 gallon water tank that I need to move around two acres for watering the garden and trees. The tank is wheeled on both ends with a steering arm on the front wheels that makes it extremely towable. The property isn't flat. There are inclines that will add to the stress.

I'm just not sure about towing a potential 300lb. tank around with a 2007 RZT50.

TIA chicago towing.
How to move around two acres for watering the garden and trees?
 
I have a RZT50. I was wondering if anyone has installed the optional "trailer hitch" on one then towed with it? I have a 50 gallon water tank that I need to move around two acres for watering the garden and trees. The tank is wheeled on both ends with a steering arm on the front wheels that makes it extremely towable. The property isn't flat. There are inclines that will add to the stress.

I'm just not sure about towing a potential 300lb. tank around with a 2007 RZT50.

TIA
NO!
 
I have a RZT50. I was wondering if anyone has installed the optional "trailer hitch" on one then towed with it? I have a 50 gallon water tank that I need to move around two acres for watering the garden and trees. The tank is wheeled on both ends with a steering arm on the front wheels that makes it extremely towable. The property isn't flat. There are inclines that will add to the stress.

I'm just not sure about towing a potential 300lb. tank around with a 2007 RZT50.

TIA
I considered putting a trailer hitch on my RZT 50S and then started adding things up. For short pulls it would not be much of an issue, but the heat builds up quickly in the hydraulic drive motors.

Water is approx. 8.33 pounds per gallon. Add the weight of the tank assembly and the trailer and that makes for a lot of static weight before the wheel even turn.

I've seen people pull such weight around, but the drive motors cannot take the stress for very long.

For pulling the kind of weight you are proposing a Kawasaki mule or JD gator would handle it easily.

Unfortunately, no one that I know of makes affordable geared manual transmissions in riders these days.
 
But at least MTD still producing the CVT manual system with either speed selection or what they call Auto Drive as far as I know.
 
Back
Top