Tough rider/zero turn

ironbrew

Threads
OK. Need to find a tough machine for my property. Unfortunately, I am often faced with moles (I've tried, but I can only keep them to a dull roar) and not so great grass. I range from the main, fairly well manicured lawn, to the rougher area where the moles (pocket gophers, the size of a Norway rat) etc. are and over the septic field. Some bumps and holes etc.

I'm guessing due to price I would have to be looking at used machines. I'm just not sure what type of machines. Could I get some suggestions, please?

Should also mention, ease of maintenance/repairs is important to me.

RDA.Lawns

Threads
Willing to bet most will suggest the mower they are using. Not knowing your price range or acreage makes this difficult. I run a lawn care service and use all toro commercial mowers . I'm happy with mine one has over 1300 hours no major problems.

ironbrew

Threads
Price range I kept open cause I'm guessing I'll need a commercial used in order to be able to afford a machine which will do what I need it to do. Size wise? -Depending on the day from 1acre to 3 acres.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I also run toro but would not buy them used.
You might want to look at a new bad boy.
I have looked at them and feel you can get a very nice well built mower for $4000

RDA.Lawns

Threads
I also run toro but would not buy them used.
You might want to look at a new bad boy.
I have looked at them and feel you can get a very nice well built mower for $4000

I've also looked at bad boy mowers. I have a couple friends running them. They are a good mower. Well built American made and good availably of parts .

ironbrew

Threads
Thanks. I've never heard of bad boys before. I may need to take a road trip to go see them.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks. I've never heard of bad boys before. I may need to take a road trip to go see them.

Any brand commercial mower you look at will be a tough, well built machine. They will all offer similar drive train options, and a heavy duty deck. You should look at what's available in your area, rather than listen to what other members suggest you try. There may be dealer support in their area for a particular brand that isn't available where you live. You don't want to have to order a part online for your mower and have to wait on it for a few days to arrive, so you can finish the job.

ironbrew

Threads
Any brand commercial mower you look at will be a tough, well built machine. They will all offer similar drive train options, and a heavy duty deck. You should look at what's available in your area, rather than listen to what other members suggest you try. There may be dealer support in their area for a particular brand that isn't available where you live. You don't want to have to order a part online for your mower and have to wait on it for a few days to arrive, so you can finish the job.

I appreciate what you are saying. The problem is I have zero knowledge of riders/zero turns and all these names give me a starting point. There is a semi local dealer of bad boy, so I will check it out. I can get toro locally, and john deer/massey etc. but only by getting informed do I have a hope of finding everything.

The low Canadian dollar really hurts too...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And consider a different landscaping option for the area where the moles live.
Low growing herbage like Clover that does not need to be mowed along with some low growing shrubbery.
Moles are happy and you are happy, win,win win.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
And consider a different landscaping option for the area where the moles live.
Low growing herbage like Clover that does not need to be mowed along with some low growing shrubbery.
Moles are happy and you are happy, win,win win.

My moles and I get along just fine. I makes sure they want nothing in my yard and they go to my neighbors yards. I love technology. I have no idea what it is but an old friend of mine makes this stuff (all natural he says) I apply is once a month and no moles. Cost $20.00 a month and I only apply around the border of yard. About 3 ft wide. Stinks to all heck for a few days but works. One thing I know it has in it is peppermint oil. You can smell it a little.