D dux Forum Newbie May 10, 2012 #1 cubcadet push mower 173 I have a hard time pulling the starting cord on a 2 year old mower . It snaps back fairly quickly nearly breaking your arm. I heard it might have to do with a compretion releif valve? Where is that and how do I clean it?
cubcadet push mower 173 I have a hard time pulling the starting cord on a 2 year old mower . It snaps back fairly quickly nearly breaking your arm. I heard it might have to do with a compretion releif valve? Where is that and how do I clean it?
T twinfords Well-Known Member May 10, 2012 #2 sounds like you may have a shear pin issue, did you hit anything with it? bend the blade or blade adapter? does it start and run fine?
sounds like you may have a shear pin issue, did you hit anything with it? bend the blade or blade adapter? does it start and run fine?
R Rivets Lawn Royalty May 10, 2012 #3 More likely a sheared flywheel key. First plase I would look. Second place? Loose blade.