Toro Z buying advice

SugarmillMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello to all. First time poster here.

I have a Husqvarna 42 inch tractor riding mower that is about 4 years old. It has plenty of life left to go but I am longing for a zero turn machine. I have a regular size surbarban lot of less than a quarter acre but it has lots of obstacles to go around.

I'm on a budget so a Toro Timecutter, either SS or MX is probably all my finances can handle right now. I would appreciate any advice on possible engines and other purchase considerations.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In your price range I would take a serious look at the Toro model SW4200 (74784) MSRP $3200 or model SWX4250 (74787) MSRP $4500. Both would fit your needs and provide years of service. This site has the deals going on right now and most dealers should have them in stock. https://www.toro.com/en/homeowner/promos-res

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello to all. First time poster here.

I have a Husqvarna 42 inch tractor riding mower that is about 4 years old. It has plenty of life left to go but I am longing for a zero turn machine. I have a regular size surbarban lot of less than a quarter acre but it has lots of obstacles to go around.

I'm on a budget so a Toro Timecutter, either SS or MX is probably all my finances can handle right now. I would appreciate any advice on possible engines and other purchase considerations.

You have a 100 x100 to mow?

What about something like this?

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors...Propelled-Lawn-Mowers/32/N-5yc1vZc5apZ1z0rt0m

Or Sears has a mower that has a 6" turn radius in a lawn tractor for less money.

SugarmillMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Actually, I was strongly considering spending a little more and going for the MX 5050. It has a fabricated deck, 3 blades and a Kohler engine.
Anybody have one of these?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
MX 5050 is a very popular model in this area. Have seen no problems with them. I didn't recommend the MX line, as I didn't know exactly what your price range was. I would consider this a high end residential mower, one step below commercial.

Johnbt

Threads
I've had an MX5050 for two months and I'm very happy with it. My girlfriend has about 2 acres and I cut 1 of them. Lots of daily dew, clay, tall grass, clover, sticks, grapes, blackberries, trees, bushes, more trees, raspberries and two small apple trees. It even handles the shallow ditch out by the road.

I mow my inner city historic house with an electric mower and one 25-foot extension cord.

SugarmillMan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wow. You certainly have a small jungle to cut there. Very Impressive.
I've submitted my trade-in information to a local Toro dealer and am waiting for his response. I'd really like to make this deal with a trade in. If not, I still may get it if I think I can sell my Husqvarna.