Toro timemaster 30" walk behind

mowerguy

Threads
got the chance to demo one this spring at a seminar. seems like a great machine. didnt get to really put it to the test though. they are hard to come by in my area though.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sold three this spring and now can't get any more because they are on back order. Hope they come in soon. Only problem that I see is the bag is too small for the size of unit. Mulching does great just like the other Toro Recyclers.

Threads
What do they have for fears, plastic or metal? I know it's not commercial unit I only need it for 3 of my properties I cut. It's a lot cheaper than a commercial

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is belt drive. Three belts, one for traction, one to drive blades, and one clogged belt for timed blades. I have not had the wheels apart, so I don't know the wheel gears.

alpinelawn

Threads
We are experiencing a very limited supply of these (got some more yesterday), however of the first shipment we got, two of our professional landscape customers decided to purchase them for commercial use.

It was explained to them that the Toro Timemaster is a homeowner machine and not designed for commercial landscaper use. They bought them any way and we will be monitoring how they hold up over this season to see what, if anything, fails on the unit.

As I have stated previously, there is some buzz that Toro will be releasing a commercial variant of this mower.

IMHO opinion it is always a balancing act to turn a good homeowner mower design into a commercial machine as you want to balance durability with the keeping the weight down, so it does not become a tank. I guess we will see what happens.

Mac in PA

Threads
We are experiencing a very limited supply of these (got some more yesterday), however of the first shipment we got, two of our professional landscape customers decided to purchase them for commercial use.

It was explained to them that the Toro Timemaster is a homeowner machine and not designed for commercial landscaper use. They bought them any way and we will be monitoring how they hold up over this season to see what, if anything, fails on the unit.

As I have stated previously, there is some buzz that Toro will be releasing a commercial variant of this mower.

IMHO opinion it is always a balancing act to turn a good homeowner mower design into a commercial machine as you want to balance durability with the keeping the weight down, so it does not become a tank. I guess we will see what happens.

Do you have any feedback on this machine yet?
I'm interested in how well it has worked for the commercial landscaper?

The only complaint I have about the TimeMaster is Toro only offers the mulching blade for this unit. I'm not a fan of mulching. Each time the blades cut the grass it creates more moisture, which contributes to clumping & clogging the chute.

Standard blades work real well with this mower and create a lot of air movement to blow the grass out the chute, even in taller grass.

For anyone interested I measured the blade speed of my TimeMaster with an optical tachometer. They are running at 4400 RPM. This calculates out to 17855 F/M. :thumbsup:

My dealer mentioned the other day that there will be a commercial version of this mower in 2013 with the possibility of different blades available.

Mac

Threads
Do you have any feedback on this machine yet?
I'm interested in how well it has worked for the commercial landscaper?

The only complaint I have about the TimeMaster is Toro only offers the mulching blade for this unit. I'm not a fan of mulching. Each time the blades cut the grass it creates more moisture, which contributes to clumping & clogging the chute.

Standard blades work real well with this mower and create a lot of air movement to blow the grass out the chute, even in taller grass.

For anyone interested I measured the blade speed of my TimeMaster with an optical tachometer. They are running at 4400 RPM. This calculates out to 17855 F/M. :thumbsup:

My dealer mentioned the other day that there will be a commercial version of this mower in 2013 with the possibility of different blades available.

Mac

I am also curious because I am thinking about getting one also. How is the cut? mulching? durability?

bclandscapes

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't know about the cut or durability having never used one but the dealer by me has a few commercial grades in stock they seem like a great idea. I recommend to see if you could use it for a lengthy demo