Toro Timecutter SS4235 blades won't engage

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just because you get voltage to the clutch doesn't mean you are getting amperage.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
OK!!!! Thanks for taking this one over!!!!!!

wrdabney

Threads
Hold the press, it's been confirmed...I'm an idiot. When I jumpered the seat switch earlier and tested the blades I failed to realize that my blade clutch plug was still unplugged from when I was testing it earlier. So after a bunch of hooplah it comes down to a measley little seat switch. Nothing a wire nut and a little snipping couldn't fix right quick. Bypassed the seat switch, pulled the pto switch out and voila, that beautiful noise of spinning blades I've been wanting to hear for a while now. I appreciate all of the help from everyone, especially fish.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good, great to hear it!!!

wrdabney

Threads
I just don't understand how it would drive with the faulty seat switch but the blades would not engage. Oh well, at least it's working now

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Its working now and you are happy so that is what counts. That is the different voltage and amperage is the reason the switch isn't working.

redsonja

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just saying thanks for this thread, my Toro Timecutter 74366 would stop and start on blades engaging. After checking everything mentioned here I found and fixed the problem, simple and easy. I recently replaced the V-belt which required removing the clutch. Apparently I didn't plug the clutch wires back in snugly when I reassembled things. Plugged it in all the way and voilà! Back to mowing. Thanks to everyone willing to help people out.

RedSonja
Wingnut Farms
Huntsville, AL
"A few bolts short of a tractor."

BATComm1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is an old thread but I'm fighting this problem, my brake control assembly has been none functional for 2 years, I have the green/black wires jumpered so it would start.. So none of my safety has worked for 2 years.. That being said I am picking up an new one tomorrow because I have a teenager starting to mow and well.. Let's just say.. All safety is needed.. ?.. I was mowing and the blades just stopped, mower kept running but no blades...