Toro TimeCutter 42 not starting

parkwoodtech

Forum Newbie
I have a 2003 Toro Time Cutter Z 42 inch that will not start. The battery was brand new last October. I had it tested the other day and it tested fine. I have replaced the solenoid today. I have also checked continuity for the 2 switches on the levers and the seat sensor. All of those check out. I have verified that with the switch in the on position there is 12.4V to the solenoid. However there is no voltage to the other side of the solenoid. So I am assuming one of the switches is causing issues or wiring between. I am not a wiring expert and wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have not tested the blade control switch.
 
Just a quick thought & don't laugh but: Do you have both the lap-bars fully pushed outwards ?
 
Sounds like one of the lap bar safety switches or a pto switch, or parking brake switch. I don't think the seat switch effects starting.
 
Good you got it sorted out...Cause the grass is growing very fast.

And the seat switch does not affect starting.. I start mine while not being in the seat when I am doing something to it..
 
Back
Top