Comparison Toro Time Cutter SS Or JD x300 ???

Lukeslawn

Threads
Just wondering which lawn mower would be more worth the money, i own a lawn care service and i am preparing to purchase a new lawn mower to retire my aging fleet. The time cutter ss 4235 has a 42 inch deck on it and a 20 hp kawaski vtwin engine on it. Where i live its priced around $3400.00 and my other option is a jd x300 42 inch deck with a 18 hp kawasaki vtwin engine. the price for this one is $3000.00. what would be better?

Hidalgo

Threads
I'll be the first to say this (and you'll hear it again soon) but those mowers are NOT suitable for commercial use. Sure ... you'll get a couple years out of them, but that's wasted money IMO. Some TORO dealers also stock other brands (Snapper, etc) and you can sometimes find a good deal in a commercial unit during this time of the year. I just purchased a SS4235 about 3 weeks ago. It is a wonderful machine, but upon very close inspection it is evident that this is designed for the homeowner and not for commercial mowing.

Once again ...... for commercial use, I would strongly suggest that you purchase a mower designed for that type of use.

Black Bart

Threads
One thing that is never mentioned is resale of the two you mentioned if you decide to sell in a few years and get something better the JD will bring MORE $$$$$$$$

Lukeslawn

Threads
Thanks for the feed back! The dealer employee stated that. The 300 will work for mowing other people's lawns but if your saying to look at a commercial maybe I wll. Thx

benski

Threads
Yes indeed! Your looking at the difference between 30 hrs. a WEEK :eek: vs say, 30 hrs. a year for a homeowner. That's a big difference in duty cycle and the required build quality, obviously.:wink::biggrin: