Toro super recycler 2 (older) shuts down after running for 5-10 mins

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Toro super recycler 2 (older) shuts down after running for 5-10 mins
1) sounds really like a chaffed wire, either the spark plug or magneto kill .
2) please refrain from hosing down the mower,particularly if it is hot
Blow it down with compressed air ( if you have it ) or a leaf blower

If you must hose the mower then let it cool down for 1/2 hour first .

Gord Baker

Threads
I believe you have a fuel starvation problem that may be cured by removing float bowl and carefully pulling out the pin that holds the float. The needle will come down with it. Open fuel valve and you should get good continuous flow. Reinstall and try it. If it begins to slow down after running, remove the fuel cap quickly in case Vent was plugged. If your unit has a fuel pump, crank it a few times with float bowl off. Fuel should come out.

crazy charlie

Threads
So I put old spark plug back in and supercharged the fuel with Berrymens chemtool,Seafoam and Chevron tychron ,all added to gas.Nice
happy hour cocktail for the Toro .No stalling at all after using it for hours this week.All good now!! I just wish it started earlier than 3rd or 4th pull.Gonna pull spark plug and clean combustion chamber with Seafoam.Charlie

Oddjob

Threads
So Harbor freight was out of the spark testers so it will be in next week.Started the mower today on the 3rd pull and ran it around the yard for close to half an hour without stalling.When I was done I hosed it down and started it again on 3rd pull and just let it run and it ran without stalling.Later I started it again and let it run and it shut down after 10 mins.Kinda unpredictable .Will ck the spark next week.Charlie
From my experience, I suspect that you have a failing coil. When they start to fail they will work when cold but as they heat up, they fail. If you get a spark tester you will be able to confirm that it’s the coil. Or, after the engine quits you can spray starter fluid through the carb and try to start. If it starts, you know it is not the sparkplug/coil, and you have a fuel problem. If it doesn’t start, you have a bad coil or plug, most likely a bad coil.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I put old spark plug back in and supercharged the fuel with Berrymens chemtool,Seafoam and Chevron tychron ,all added to gas.Nice
happy hour cocktail for the Toro .No stalling at all after using it for hours this week.All good now!! I just wish it started earlier than 3rd or 4th pull.Gonna pull spark plug and clean combustion chamber with Seafoam.Charlie
don't loosen up the head gasket doing that.