Toro SS4260 timecutter burning grass!

Threads
I have the same issue with my zero turn Cub Cadet and it has a heat shield. I try to park on pavement or back up and put the heat shield over my river rock. It actually only kills the grass blades and not the crown, so it just grows back.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Actually the heat shield, likely made of thin steel, would seem to be a place to catch the radiating heat & become like a hot plate.
I would add some heat resistant insulation to it, & I bet the issue goes away..

Think about it..

Freedom1955

Threads
I sold this machine. Bought a Scag Liberty Z!

Jupi19

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a 50 inch Zero Turn 2021 model. I used it only 1 time. Cut the grass at around 4.5 inches. I water my lawn regularly and the grass was healthy. After I finished the next day burn patches started coming up. I never had this issue and at the time didn't know what was causing it. After some more thinking and talking to some people, we concluded it is the lawnmower. And yes, after retracing my steps it is every place I stopped for even short amount, is where the burn was. I called the Toro dealer where I bought and he said he has heard of it, but never seen it. I asked for heat shield and he said he has not seen an aftermarket one. Otherwise I love the lawnmower but I am not happy about the damage. I'll have to mindful when I stop and where I stop. I tried attaching pictures but the files appeared too large.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get some metal & fab a heat shield aka skid plate. My 2014 Toro never burnt the grass. Toro makes a good machine.

But to meet the latest emissions the engines have to run much learner (read hotter). Should have come with a heat shield.

My Scag did, It is referred to as a skid plate, And it is thick.

a022mil

Threads
I just bought a 50 inch Zero Turn 2021 model. I used it only 1 time. Cut the grass at around 4.5 inches. I water my lawn regularly and the grass was healthy. After I finished the next day burn patches started coming up. I never had this issue and at the time didn't know what was causing it. After some more thinking and talking to some people, we concluded it is the lawnmower. And yes, after retracing my steps it is every place I stopped for even short amount, is where the burn was. I called the Toro dealer where I bought and he said he has heard of it, but never seen it. I asked for heat shield and he said he has not seen an aftermarket one. Otherwise I love the lawnmower but I am not happy about the damage. I'll have to mindful when I stop and where I stop. I tried attaching pictures but the files appeared too large.

a022mil

Threads
Had the same thing, called toro, they did not seem to care much, my dealer then had one of his worker’s make up a shield, that help’s, but on a zero turn , everything sit’s lower, and the closer to the ground,versus a lawn tractor, does affect the grass, no way out of it, but the shield does help some, toro need’s to be better than they are, blame the zero turn mowers, dealer in lower Michigan definitely trying to help, that is why I suggest dealing with a dealer.