Repairs Toro recycler 22" mod# 20333

congaman59

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro recycler 22" personal pace mower purchased in 2010. I had the transmission fixed at the last part of last season. The other day I went to use the mower and it worked fine for a while but now the self propel won't disengage. This is the 2 wheel drive model. I tried to spray some WD 40 on the cable going in to the transmission but there isn't much room in there to maneuver. Do I just loosen the cable on the side of the push-bar or try something else?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please don't post the same question on two different threads. Just confuses everyone and won't help you. By disengage, do you mean unit will not roll backwards or unit keep trying to go forward? If it will not roll backwards, you can loosen the nut holding the cable on the left hand side and pull the cable toward you about 1/8" and tighten nut. Try unit. If it keeps driving forward, you probably have a piece of mulch wedged between the tranny and frame, not allowing it to return.

congaman59

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry for the double post. I realized I had replied to someone else's post first I thought no one would see it. I apologize.
When I pick up the rear wheels they continue to spin. However there is no way for me to see in to the transmission area it is completely covered by it's cover. I can't even see where the cable attaches to it. Can the cover be removed pretty easily?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Try to loosen the cable, using the method I posted. You can tip the mower on it's side (carb up) and inspect the tranny, but from your post I suspect you won't know what your looking for. The belt should move freely, but it is difficult to grab without putting tension on the belt.