toro pushmower leaking gas out the air filter? float stuck?

Justwayne

Threads
  • / toro pushmower leaking gas out the air filter? float stuck?
I have a 6.5 toro pushmower thats 20 years old but is like new condition starts first time. A couple days ago i was using it and after 2 minutes fuel started running out of the air filter and it cut off. What is the problem here is the float stuck or what needs repair? tap on the float bowl with screwdriver?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The more correct term would be the float valve isn't sealing allowing the carb to overflow. The valve issue could vary depending on engine and carb, which could have different valve setups resulting in similar but different problems

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
the first mower my dad bought after he got married, was a 21" pusher with a 5HP flathead briggs, bought it because it wouldn't start (because it was flooding out, float stuck open), he hit the carb bowl with a plastic hammer a couple of times and it stopped overflowing and ran good for 15 more years. :ROFLMAO:of course that is no way, shape or form a proper repair but sometimes stuff happens
@Justwayne supply us with the model number of the engine , if it's a briggs and stratton, it will be stamped above the spark plug or muffler. that way we can look up what you've got and give you pertinent information.