Toro MyRIDE

Ssommers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey Folks ... had a quick question. I have about 3 1/2 acres to mow ... residential, so once a week. Have some bumps, some hills, but pretty typical. I’ve narrowed my search down to either a 50” Toro without MyRIDE and a 50” Toro with MyRIDE. The with option is about $600 more. To the question - does anyone have any experience with MyRIDE and do you feel it is worth the extra $$$? Wish I could test drive the thing but I don’t see that as an option. Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The MyRide system is a big advantage if your lawn is bumpy. Extremely noticeable and an advantage if you have any back problems.. If you are dealing with a dealership, ask if you can take a test ride on your property. Bottom line is how your gut feels about spending the extra dollars. Remember you will be using this unit years down the road, older bodies need more padding and comfort. Most of the residential customers who purchase the MyRide system are older and I’ve yet to have one returned.

Ssommers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you so much for the quick and thorough reply ... this is great information and perspective! Very helpful!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Excellent topic & replies. I often wondered ever since I sat on a MyRide® at my Dealers. That since the floor moves to absorb bumps, wouldn't that affect your arms/ hands in relation to the sticks ? My thought is it would make them out of synch with the floor. But please enlighten me.

I haven't tested one. But that has always kept me curious.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry I can’t really say how it affects your arms/hands, as I’ve never had to run one for more than 15 minutes, when testing a unit. Can say that I’ve never had any complaints about this possible problem.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Rivets . It just seems that if you /floor are moving & your arms do too, it might makes the sticks move in unison. Which may cause jerking of the machine.

Or maybe not, just a getting used to thing. I gotta test one..

Ssommers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the great replies ... really appreciate it. Unfortunately I haven’t gotten on one yet, and haven’t been able to get a good sense from an actual consumer who owns a model with MyRIde (versus pro youtuber). That said, here’s what I’ve turned up (1) the MyRide suspension system really works to keep the rider comfortable ... especially with bumpy lawns. (2) It provides a more even cut than mowers with the suspension on the entire machine ... MyRide lets the operator bounce up and down while the mower stays down. (3) The thing about the sticks not moving has been brought up a number of times and the response is essentially, yes, that happens but you get used to it. Sort of like learning to ride a Z mower in the first place ... it’s different from a tractor, but you get used to it. Net net, my research points to the MyRide feature being a really good one ... just a pretty expensive one! Hope that helps!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for your input, that was bugging me. And sounds like you need to visit your Dealer & test run one. Some Dealers will let you take it home to try on your lawn. Local Tractor Supply here has the MyRides on sale.

I don't have MyRide® but I do love my Toro Kawasaki powered 4260, I bought new on Aug 20 2014.

Ssommers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone used the Toro bagging system and have any feedback. The sucker costs $700+ so hoping it would be great! Thanks!

ACLazer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 50" Timecutter with MyRide (Model #75755) a few weeks ago from a Local Dealer. He even beat Home Depots' sale price, I prefer using a dealer over Home Depot for obvious reasons, service and supporting the Local guys. I had a Cub Cadet 42" Riding Lawnmower, and I just recently moved to NC from Ohio, and brought my Cab Cadet with me from Ohio. I only had about .35 acres in Ohio and it worked well there, no problems, but the yard for the most part was fairly smooth. The home I bought in NC has .90 acres, bumpy, hills, ditches, and lumps in the yard from Mole activity. I noticed after cutting the grass with the Cub here in NC that my back would bother me for a few days afterwards. It was painfully obvious (no pun) that the Cub was beating up my back from cutting the yard here in NC. The Cub was a 2018 with 36.2 hours on it, and sold very quickly on Marketplace on Facebook, it was like new. I did get a trade number from my dealer on trading it in, but he said to sell it on my own and I could get more, so I did, and he was right. This is my first zero turn and I picked it up fairly quickly coming from a steering wheel. I don't notice the MyRide affecting my control over the levers at all, I guess you get used to it. The ride is amazing and I have no regrets with my purchase, and no more back pain. Its well built, with a fabricated deck, great warranty, quick change oil system, and Toro quality. The MyRide is worth the extra money, at least it was for me.

I only have one complaint, there isn't an Hour Meter, its an option on this mower. The cutout is there, and wiring harness is already there and easily accessible too, and only took me 10 minutes to install.
But cmon Toro, you build this awesome machine and leave the Hour Meter off?75755_50in_myride-toro-timecutter-34r-low-co19_4331s-1600x1369.jpg

Last edited: