Toro guys I have a question about neighbor's mower

Nwatson99

Threads
My neighbor has a toro z either "mowmaster or yardmaster" sorry forgot the exact model, but anyway it does not have the roll bar, it looks like something made to just to mow a nice flat little yard.
The one thing I absolutely despise about it is where everything is located, the Instrument panel is in the front right under the seat where your legs can rest, pto, ignition, throttle, etc.
Anyway that mower is one of the loudest mowers I have ever listened to, I mean this guys yard is 600 to 700 meters from my yard and when I am in the back behind my pond, my wife can hear his mower over my JD, so I am 1/4 the distance away and she can still hear his mower over mine and when I pull around by the porch and shut down my mower I can hear his plain as day and it sounds like the transmissions are whining to beat anything, but when you get 30 yards from that loud mower you cannot hear the whine.
I rode over to this place Sat when he was mowing and told him what I could hear and he had already checked all fluids and everything was good, he also stated the mower was maybe 4 or 5 years old so it is not that old.
Edit to add: He mows right at 2 acres every week.

Is that normal for his mower to be so loud?
Is there anything he needs to check with his transmissions or is the whine normal?
Does anyone have any advice I can pass along to him?

Nwatson99

Threads
:confused3:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
My neighbor has a toro z either "mowmaster or yardmaster" sorry forgot the exact model, but anyway it does not have the roll bar, it looks like something made to just to mow a nice flat little yard.
The one thing I absolutely despise about it is where everything is located, the Instrument panel is in the front right under the seat where your legs can rest, pto, ignition, throttle, etc.
Anyway that mower is one of the loudest mowers I have ever listened to, I mean this guys yard is 600 to 700 meters from my yard and when I am in the back behind my pond, my wife can hear his mower over my JD, so I am 1/4 the distance away and she can still hear his mower over mine and when I pull around by the porch and shut down my mower I can hear his plain as day and it sounds like the transmissions are whining to beat anything, but when you get 30 yards from that loud mower you cannot hear the whine.
I rode over to this place Sat when he was mowing and told him what I could hear and he had already checked all fluids and everything was good, he also stated the mower was maybe 4 or 5 years old so it is not that old.
Edit to add: He mows right at 2 acres every week.

Is that normal for his mower to be so loud?
Is there anything he needs to check with his transmissions or is the whine normal?
Does anyone have any advice I can pass along to him?

Tell him to buy a John Deere like yours or a Gravely like mine and that "noise" will disappear:0)

Nwatson99

Threads
Tell him to buy a John Deere like yours or a Gravely like mine and that "noise" will disappear:0)

:laughing: I already did, he has a JD tractor and a very old Allison I believe it is, but I don't think he cares about his yard like we do.

Good n Dusty

Threads
It must be a Toro thing because I have a 44 inch 500cc single piston and it is noisy as heck. I have to wear plugs all the time.