Toro GTS5

lefty2cox

Threads
Model: 20462
Serial: 5919235
Briggs Engine: 128802-0612-01 95022356

I think I know the answer to this but just because I've never seen this type before I'll ask; Does this throttle control bracket look fumfered up? Bent maybe?

Linkage.jpg
Linkage 2.jpg

lefty2cox

Threads
I actually have another question on this one. This came to me as having sat for about 5 years. No other info really but I'm told it ran before putting away. I took a photo of the linkage before disassembling, which I've included here.
There does not appear to be any spring or any tension that closes the throttle when the throttle is turned all the way down. From my limited experience, there is usually some spring tension forcing the throttle closed to battle against the governor when it tries to open it. Either hooked up some way or wound around the shaft of the carb. I haven't run this yet but my concern is that when the throttle is all the way down, it doesn't actually close the throttle, it just takes tension away from opening it. So it's just floppy at that point. Does anyone know if I'm missing a spring?

Throttle Set up.jpg

Attachments

• Throttle Set up.jpg
    Throttle Set up.jpg
    952.1 KB · Views: 3

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Definitely a bent arm, bend it back until it is horizontal. In the second picture everything is hooked up correctly. The governor will close The throttle when the engine starts. I would take som compressed air and blow everything clean before attempting to start.

lefty2cox

Threads
Thank you. It's actually very clean now. I took that pick before I went at in case I forgot how to put it back together. I actually spent more time cleaning this thing than working on it mechanically. I'll bend that back into place and report back. Thanks again.