Toro Grandstand w/ FS541V. Running on one cylinder

Rokon

Well-Known Member
Working on a this Toro with a Kawasaki twin. Only runs on the left (standing on machine) cylinder. Right cylinder has 165 psi compression and nice spark. I pulled the valve cover on that cylinder, and the rockers appear to be working.

What am I missing here???
 
I'll go through the troubleshooting list again.

I was hoping for the: "If motor runs fine on one cylinder but not the other, do this". :(
 
Working on a this Toro with a Kawasaki twin. Only runs on the left (standing on machine) cylinder. Right cylinder has 165 psi compression and nice spark. I pulled the valve cover on that cylinder, and the rockers appear to be working.

What am I missing here???

Mine did the same thing, took it to the shop and they replaced the coil. Warranty took care of everything.
 
UPDATE 1: Followed all the troubleshooting in the Kawasaki service manual. Carb has been cleaned. Checked valve clearances. Coils were swapped, but the right (#1) cylinder still does not fire.

How does the ACR (automatic compression release) located on the camshaft work?
 
Have you tried another spark plug? If you have then have you tried putting a little fuel into the cylinder?
 
Back
Top