Toro blower mystery failure.

TDACT

Forum Newbie
Threads
My uncle's Toro blower is defying all efforts. It will not turn over. It has a new plug and ignition module. I have tested the wires to the switch and the switch. I pulled the flywheel and checked the shear pin. The ignition module is grounding properly. I contacted my friend who has been in the repair business for years and he said " you covered all the bases that know ". I didn't do a full compression check. So I guess that could be an issue, but the compression does seem good. If anyone has an idea, please assist.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
By “won’t turn over” what do you mean? Are you able to check for spark? Are yo able to check if the carb is getting fuel? Are you able to determine if fuel is getting from the carb to the cylinder? We need to have more info from you, because we lost our ESP due to COVID and are not standing next to you with a strong drink in hand. You need to paint us a better picture of what you have, including model and serial numbers of the unit before we can help you. If you can’t help us, we can’t help you.

TDACT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Model is 51988. The whole ESP and such...yeah that's cute and I've seen it repeatedly elswhere. Spraying starting fluid directly under the spark plug bypasses the fuel system. Serial number #290178029.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You’re really cute also. I asked you five things to give us and you only gave us ONE, model number 51988. For all others looking at this post, he is talking about a Toro PowerVac Gas PoweredBlower. The serial number he gave us is actually the part number for an ignition module. Because you really don’t want us to get to technical, or you can’t answer the other questions, I can only make the following assumptions. 1. You have fresh fuel, mixed properly at 50/1. 2. You have used the primer bulb when trying to start and the bulb fills with fuel. 3. You have tested the switch and have great spark with the new module and spark plug you installed. 4. You feel that you have good compression. 5. Because you have done all of these things you have reasonable mechanical skills. That being said I suggest you check both crankshaft seals for leakage, because any leakage will result in a lean mixture entering the crankcase and cylinder. There are two methods to check those seals. Best way is with a leak down tester. The other way is to remove the flywheel and blower fan and visually inspect the seals, looking for oil on the outside. This is the best I can come up with, with the limited and blurred picture you provided. I’ll back out of this thread, but I suggest that if you want more help, you loose the attitude and maybe someone smarter than me will respond. Shouldn’t take much to find someone smarter than the two of us. Bye, bye, bye.

TDACT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for responding to the post. My mechanical skills are quite modest, but Lord willing, I will learn.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Slomo, sorry to tell you “Like stupid somethings can’t be fixed”

Joed756

Threads
Hey. I'm cute.
Old, but cute.