Toro 20622 worth fixing?

Guilford

Forum Newbie
I have a 1988 toro 20622 mower I picked up for $35. Has not ran in years. Took the carb apart my self, cleaned it out, still has compression and got it to run. Runs on full throttle rough and dies when I decrease throttle. Has the blade clutch but is missing the belt for it. Your opinion matters, should I take in to service or sell it? I don't have money for a brand new mower FYI
 
If it has the Suzuki engine and the engine has plenty of compression, you can't go wrong fixing it. The engine is worth more than what you paid for the mower.
 
Last edited:
1zovmab.png


Here's a picture of it ^^^^
 
I read that a Honda one works on the 2 stroke, not sure about the 4 stroke. I'm going to try it out a knockoff Honda engine's carb on my 4 stroke suzuki and see how it goes . The advantage there would be that carbs can be bought on ebay for under 20 bucks sometimes.
 
I read that a Honda one works on the 2 stroke, not sure about the 4 stroke. I'm going to try it out a knockoff Honda engine's carb on my 4 stroke suzuki and see how it goes . The advantage there would be that carbs can be bought on ebay for under 20 bucks sometimes.

Please let me know how that works out! I would definitely make that switch if it works
 
Back
Top