Toro 11/44 won't start anymore

sean'sengines

Active Member
Well, I had just done and oil change and new spark plug and also a new engine mount bolt. Mowed part of my grass with the new mower, and then parked it. I went out after supper and started it up. It started and I ran it around for a couple minutes. Then coming back up the driveway it just stopped. Now it won't start again. I did play around with the choke adjustment on the bottom of the bowl, but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is ignition coil?! What do you guys think.
 
I'll check this out when I get home from school. It was running kinda rough but I adjusted the choke screw on the bottom of the carb bowl to make it run better. Even after that it was still running kinda crappy. So, maybe I just need to take that bowl off of there. I'm afraid that I may have turned the choke screw off far enough when the engine wasn't running that I really messed it up. What is the factory setting for it? Like how many turns?
 
I'm afraid that I may have turned the choke screw off far enough when the engine wasn't running that I really messed it up. What is the factory setting for it? Like how many turns?

I think you are referring to the main jet, screw it in and that leans the fuel air mix ... turn it out will richen it... set it where it runs the best, slightly more rich is better than too lean...
It will run too hot if it is set lean... :smile:KennyV
 
Well, I had just done and oil change and new spark plug and also a new engine mount bolt. Mowed part of my grass with the new mower, and then parked it. I went out after supper and started it up. It started and I ran it around for a couple minutes. Then coming back up the driveway it just stopped. Now it won't start again. I did play around with the choke adjustment on the bottom of the bowl, but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of is ignition coil?! What do you guys think.

Did you ever find out what the problem was - because I'm having the same problem. I've had my self propelled Toro 6.5 for appox. 4 years. I changed the spark plug, double checked the oil and changed the air filter. I was told that it was the "coil" that was the problem with mine by a friend.
 
Back
Top