To what extent can you customize a mower?

mois25

Threads
Is it possible to customize a lawn mower and if so what is it that you need to keep in mind so that the functionality is not affected?

Tommy

Threads
Is it possible to customize a lawn mower
mois25
Without doubt it is possible.

if so what is it that you need to keep in mind so that the functionality is not affected?
If your first idea does not work as intended try again.

If you have an idea you wish to share, post it, I'm sure someone would give you some feedback.

Tommy

minkyung

Threads
Innovation begins when we change something here, and then change something there. To rework a mower so that it will follow your imagination is good. It will require technical skills, yes. But imagination first.

What do you think of doing with your mower, my friend?

grnspot110

Threads
You can go as far as you want, just depends on whether you want it to mow or something else!

My first pic is a 1969- JD 60 that I bought with a blown engine. Second pic is the same tractor in the foreground. It's used for shows & light duty towing around the house.

Next is my 1983-317 "Special" as I bought it, then as it is now, used for shows & parades.

Functional, yes, as mowing tractors, no. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

• 1969-60  1.jpg
    1969-60 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 39
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 650 - Copy.jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 650 - Copy.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 50
  • GARDEN TRACTORS 583 (Small).jpg
    GARDEN TRACTORS 583 (Small).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM0816.JPG
    HPIM0816.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 58

mois25

Threads
I was thinking of a mulching blade to replace the regular blade in use because I want to be able to chop the grass into mulch that I am told would be healthy.

If its a riding mower, is there anything I can do about its speed?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If its a riding mower, is there anything I can do about its speed?

Are you referring to the blade speed or the mowers forward speed...? :smile:KennyV

mois25

Threads
I was referring to the forward speed especially when at times a mower seems like it wants to come to a halt abruptly. How do I make sure it maintains constant speed?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was referring to the forward speed especially when at times a mower seems like it wants to come to a halt abruptly. How do I make sure it maintains constant speed?

Well I guess I am not following you...
What do you mean that it" wants to come to a halt abruptly"...

I have had gear drive, hydraulic drive, belt drive and cone drive mowers... I have never seen anything like what you are referring to... ??

:smile:KennyV