Tires...

Mike88se

Well-Known Member
I'm going to have to replace the tires on my Gravely 34z soon. I don't mind the wear so much but they're old and the sidewalls have some cracking. Better to take care of it before they give out on the job.
The OEM size is 21-7-10. The only ones I've found are Firestones at $330 shipped. No way. I think I'll go with some Kenda 20-8-10. I don't think the extra half inch will rub the frame and a 20-10-10 might not rub. That would be real close tho.
I'll find a way to deal with the height issues if it affects the cutting height or rake. The deck is suspended by chains.
Just running this by yall to see if I overlooked anything.
 
Sears.com has been doing dome good deals.
Not sure what your tires would run.
I use the super lugs
 
Just replaced two Kenda cart tires in 8" I found prices all over the place, hi-low. Best was Sams club but requires membership. Bought at wal-mart. Did see other sizes there. Also Motown seemed good.
 
Northern has 20-8-10 but I found some Kenda 21-7-10 at Palmetto Specialty Tires online. Northern might be able to order that size and ship to the store free. Wish I could find one in 21 with a 9" width.
The Palmetto store has Innova 22 x 9.50-10. I'm thinking Kenda and Innova are both Taiwan.
I don't think 1" off the height is going to matter that much. It probably isn't exactly 1" anyway.
 
Okay about to do it... any opinions on oem 21-7-10 or 20-10-10 or 22-9.5-10?
I know I need to measure exactly how much clearance the oem tires have. 20-10-10 would probably mean running full psi in the tires for clearance... slightly harder ride but the ride is pretty soft. 22-9.5-10 would mean sitting a bit higher but more tread on the ground and less chance of rutting. 21-7-10... well same ol.
 
les shwab??? nvm... just googled it. I know where to get tires... just hoping somebody had already experimented with sizes so I wouldn't have to be the guinea pig. That can be expensive ;)
I have to go out to the garage anyway so I'm going to check exactly how much clearance I have.
 
Back
Top