Tires... where do you get yours?

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK, don't follow my link. In a classic bait and switch, after almost a month, they sent me a pair of Rayban Sunglasses. Amex called and I should be getting my money back.
The internet strikes again! Oh by the way i am 6' 4" tall and weigh 185lbs of solid muscle and own a yacht. It is on the internet it must be true. And i have a bridge i can sell you too. ?
Almost got hosed on ebay by less than honorable persons. Paypal to the rescue.

logert gogert

Threads
OK, don't follow my link. In a classic bait and switch, after almost a month, they sent me a pair of Rayban Sunglasses. Amex called and I should be getting my money back.
lol what in the world

The Chairman

Threads
I got a pair of tires for $97 through ebay. They arrived this past Sunday, and I have a planter to paint this morning and I'll be changing mine.

The Chairman

Threads
All finished... Jacking the RR wheel, pulling it and taking the tire off took less than 10 minutes. That includes fully deflating the tube and rolling it up in case I should need it again. Putting the new tire was on took a couple of minutes. Something about virgin rubber, it just need a bit of coaxing to get it on. I find using lubricants while manually installing a tire is counter productive for me. I got out my trusty Ryobi inflator, pulled the Schrader valve insert, set the pressure, and turned it on. Such a loud device and I waited patiently, the pressure started to mount, but the bead didn't seat. Hmnnnn. The inflator popped off having reached it's pressure... and the bead still hasn't popped. Grrrrr. My permanent compressor hasn't been set up yet. It took far, far longer to get a small compressor set up than it did to change out the tire. But, it's done. Looks like a tire, too! :D :D :D

Hustler27

Threads
Looks like I have a leak in one of the small front tires. How do I figure out he exact tire info to buy a replacement?

Thanks.

The Chairman

Threads
Looks like I have a leak in one of the small front tires. How do I figure out he exact tire info to buy a replacement?

Thanks.
It should be on the side of the tire. Why not just repair it? It's not like you can have a blow out a mower speeds.

Hustler27

Threads
It should be on the side of the tire. Why not just repair it? It's not like you can have a blow out a mower speeds.
I'll look on the side and see what I can find. Is there a tube (like on a bike???)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No they are all tubeless .
And yes you can get a tube to go in
It would be easy if you have Big Arnie as a friend, otherwise take it to a tyre shop & get them to skin their knuckles

The Chairman

Threads
Take it to a tire shop? It takes a lot less time for me to change a tire and/or insert a tube than to drive back and forth from a tire shop. That's not counting the time you have to wait for them to get to it. The secret is to make sure you get the bead into the drop zone of the rim. I do use real tire spoons to make it easier for me. I've seen peeps use flat head screwdrivers, but I like to use the right tool for the job.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only tyre tool I don't have is one of the small wheel tyre changers. No one retails them down hee and repeated request to my wholesalers to stock them has fallen on deaf ears.
Got proper tyre levers in ail sizes from 4" ( push bike ) to 6' ( tractor ) but those 4" rims are a challenge and when levering them over the rim they regularly split unless they tyre is new and warm .
A dynamic removal is a lot better for the tyre & the rim than a static method using levers even with proper levers and proper tyre lube.