Tire pressure

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One thing to consider on your front tire pressures. There isn’t much weight on the front of a zero turn. The more air that is in the front tires, the more bounce you will get on rough terrain.
Yelp lower sometimes is need to keep the mower from being a kidney/back buster. Lots of tree roots and mole holes here and I have to run lower pressures. I had one customer with foam filled tires that I hurt for two after mowing my yard with it while testing a repair for an intermittent problem.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yelp lower sometimes is need to keep the mower from being a kidney/back buster. Lots of tree roots and mole holes here and I have to run lower pressures. I had one customer with foam filled tires that I hurt for two after mowing my yard with it while testing a repair for an intermittent problem.
Down South, we have Armadillo holes to contend with too. Those boogers will mess up a yard looking for earthworms and grubs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Always something, never a dull moment.

starman19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Relatively new ZTR owner, got a Apex 52. Is the tire pressure Ariens recommends correct? 15-18psi rear, 20-25psi front. Got it from lowes and had about 8 rear and 12 front.

Thanks in advance.
I have a 52 Edge. I put 15 psi in the rear and 22 psi in the front, but I'm bigger than the average bear...lol.

GrumpyCat

Threads
Why wouldn't Ariens know best the tire pressure to use in your mower? Do you think they are just saying that for best MPG?

If you are on the heavy side then you might consider inflating tires to the upper range Ariens recommends. Or if you are lax in checking tire pressure.

Remember tire pressure is the first step in setting mower deck height. Low tire on one side, uneven cut.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why wouldn't Ariens know best the tire pressure to use in your mower? Do you think they are just saying that for best MPG?

If you are on the heavy side then you might consider inflating tires to the upper range Ariens recommends. Or if you are lax in checking tire pressure.

Remember tire pressure is the first step in setting mower deck height. Low tire on one side, uneven cut.
The higher the air pressure, the more bumpy the ride. The ride is worse when there is no suspension seat or air ride seat.

It has zero to do with MPG. Fuel consumption on a mower is measured in Gallons per Acre.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
The higher the air pressure, the more bumpy the ride. The ride is worse when there is no suspension seat or air ride seat.

It has zero to do with MPG. Fuel consumption on a mower is measured in Gallons per Acre.
You know a bit of comedy was offered right? The MPG thing? Funny ha-ha........