Tire pressure seems low.

a022mil

Threads
Got a new toro timecutter ss 42 inch zeroturn mower, checked tire pressure, rear tires ok, front tires say to fill to max of 30 lbs, have13lbs in back tires(they say ,max 15lbs)front only have around 15 lbs, kind of hard to get a tire gauge on the front ones, is it ok to leave them at 15 lbs or should I add more.

enigma-2

Threads
First check your manual in the specifications section. Always follow whatever is specified in the manual and NEVER what someone tells you. The pressure stated in the manual was developed by the Toro engineers.

Just like an automobile, the pressure marked on the tires, is the MAXIMUM pressure the tire was designed for.

The actual pressure needed is based on the load (or weight) they're carrying.

Mower King

Threads
Got a new toro timecutter ss 42 inch zeroturn mower, checked tire pressure, rear tires ok, front tires say to fill to max of 30 lbs, have13lbs in back tires(they say ,max 15lbs)front only have around 15 lbs, kind of hard to get a tire gauge on the front ones, is it ok to leave them at 15 lbs or should I add more.
We put 15 in rear tires and 20 in the fronts in most all mowers like that.....our Ferris's call for 25 in the front

a022mil

Threads
First check your manual in the specifications section. Always follow whatever is specified in the manual and NEVER what someone tells you. The pressure stated in the manual was developed by the Toro engineers.

Just like an automobile, the pressure marked on the tires, is the MAXIMUM pressure the tire was designed for.

The actual pressure needed is based on the load (or weight) they're carrying.
Thanks.

Lawn Addict
Threads

Congrats-

Your Owners manual should state the pressures, mine does.

My 2014 Timecutter takes 22psi in F, & 12psi in backs.

I use a pencil type air gauge for my fronts. The sidewall has max pressure molded on it, because the tires are used on various mowers. So pay no mind to that.