Tire Plug

I just dont like taking them off and putting them on the rims beacuse i dont have any tire irons. I have done it before but all i had to use was screwdrivers and i remember it was a hassle. The guy at the gas station only charges 10 dollars so i would rather bring it to him and avoid the struggle.
 
Dude,
What is it that scares you about taking a tire off the rim?
Please tell me how much your 'tire guy" charged you for that.
Is he a union democrat too?

You are going to find a lot of people that wouldn't take a tire off a rim. I get them in my shop all the time. They have never taken a tire off a rim in there life time and not about to learn. Most of them wouldn't take the wheel off the tractor to have it fixed. I don't think they even own a jack or a socket. I could start very close to home on this. If my wife had a flat tire on a mower it would rot in the ground before she would fix it. I hate to say this but it wouldn't surprise me if she mowed the lawn with the flat tire and though it was normal.
 
Yeah I have no problem doing most of the work needed on my mowers or taking the tire off the mower. LIke I said I have put a tire on the rim before and it was tough because I dont have the proper tools for that. That being said I would much rather just spend ten dollars and have another guy do it because doing it with screwdrivers was not fun.
 
Since I have a number of tractors as well as trailers and I'm a bit impatient I ended out buying a couple of tire changers from HF. One is for regular size tires up to 16-inches the other is for the smaller tires 6 and 8-inch. They were relatively inexpensive and do the job well. I didn't like using screw drivers either. Both have the tire bead breaker, this tends to be the hardest part of tire work IMO.
 
Yeah I have no problem doing most of the work needed on my mowers or taking the tire off the mower. LIke I said I have put a tire on the rim before and it was tough because I dont have the proper tools for that. That being said I would much rather just spend ten dollars and have another guy do it because doing it with screwdrivers was not fun.

I can well understand what you are saying. I have a hand bead breaker and tire irons. The small wheels I mount into a vice to hold them. The biggest problem I have is when a tire is rusted onto the rim. Also I find that the small air filled caster wheel tires are a hand full to change. I have been known to talk to them some times and it might of been X rated. I know that is about what I charge to change a tire 10.00 dollars.
 
Back
Top