TimeCutter 42" From Lawnmower to Brush Hog? Will it work?

SteveHartman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TimeCutter 42" From Lawnmower to Brush Hog? Will it work?
So you got lazy deer who can not be bothered to bite off their own grass.(n)
And yes you got it which is why the forward-back-forward-back cha cha char method works :sneaky:, just think of Carman Miranda in a big fruity hat when you are mowing .
Where as going very very slowly forward leaves lots of uncut or 1/2 cut long grass .
I know little about USA geography but I have been led to believe Montana is not exactly prime cereal grain country
So sickle mowers might not be too thick on the ground
A friend bought an old 3 wheel out front fairway reel mower from a golf club that closed down.
HE then replaced the 10" wheels with 20" wheels so it acts like a headder when his pasture is starting to seed thus he can knock off the seed heads which get into the eyes & ears of his cattle
Cuts the grass at about 8" but if he mows into the wind he gets mouth fulls of grass but it allows the cattle to feed on the pasture for 2 to 3 months longer so saves a fortune on fodder .
I also finally got why you cut the back out of the mower instead of the front. As you go over the grass, the front lays the grass down. Because the grass is longer than the length of the deck it stays down until after it passes the rear portion of the deck and then pops back up. By cutting the back out of the deck, the front of the deck still lays the grass down, but with no back on the deck the grass pops back up because there's nothing there any more to keep it down.
And, the gator blades will help suck the grass up for cutting - right? Did I get it? LOL!
By the way... RE: Carmen Miranda..... OLE'! :D

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I some times have to draw it to get customers to understand but yes you got it right again
The 6' bush hog is 6' x 6' so you have to be cutting saplings to have them lett under the blades

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I some times have to draw it to get customers to understand but yes you got it right again
The 6' bush hog is 6' x 6' so you have to be cutting saplings to have them lett under the blades
You will wear that Timecutter out a lot quicker cutting tall grass like that, just so you know. It isn’t made for that.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Timecutter is probably a poor choice for your particular situation.
You have snow. ✔️
You have tall weedy grass. ✔️
A compact tractor with a 5’ bush hog and front loader would make more sense.

SteveHartman

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Timecutter is probably a poor choice for your particular situation.
You have snow. ✔️
You have tall weedy grass. ✔️
A compact tractor with a 5’ bush hog and front loader would make more sense.
LOL, MParr! My friend died and his wife sold me his TimeCutter for $500. I am 74, have Stage 4 prostate cancer, and am on a fixed income. If I could afford a 5' brush hog and compact tractor, I would have one. :) But I can't, so I don't. So, I must use what I have. Besides, my TimeCutter runs fine and will probably outlive me by a decade! And, once the snow melts I only have to do one tall grass cut per season. After the first time, the grass is short enough for my mower to cut it easily. Plus, we're only talking a half acre. :O :D However, I DO thank you for your input! :D