Time for new Carb

jimrs

Threads
I guess its time for a new carb for my Honda. I knew when I bought this mower that this would be a problem as this is my third Honda. It's a HRR216VXA and it ran good for a year then started surging when the blade was not operating. I have let it go sense it ran good with the blade on. This year it won't start I replaced the plug and the old one was was BLACK but it still won't start. I was going to ask what you would do as far as another mower but found that the carb is less than $20.00 so I guess I will either go buy a new carb or take it in and have the mechanic go through this 4 year old mower and make sure it all o.k.

I think that I should take it in and have them sharpen the blades and check out the valves and change the carb so I don't have anymore problems this year. I'm too old and lazy to work on it myself. I get down on the ground and work on something then I can't get back up.

The mower is only used to do some trim work around the house and the front ditch as I use the z-turn for the rest. But it's not fun having to do this trimming with the weed eater.

FloGro

Threads
if the carb is only 20 bucks I would deff get a new one, why waist time and money on the old one that's prob goin to have another issue in a couple months again anyways

jimrs

Threads
I bought a new carb, spacer, gaskets and changed it yesterday and it started on the 4th pull of the cord. It was a cheap fix but this is the last time I will ever buy a Honda. I get tired of buying carbs for them every 4 or 5 years. It's more fun to break in a new mower. This is my 3rd Honda. I wish Kubota would start selling their walkbehind mowers in the U.S. again my last on went over 10 years with only one spark plug change and started on first pull every time. The wheels needed replacing and they would not order them for me from Japan.