Time For An Upgrade

Brian O

Forum Newbie
I have a 54” hustler raptor sd with a history of brackets breaking and it not starting. Today the right drive all of a sudden stopped working and after I turned it off it would not start again....I’m suspecting that another bracket broke again. I have 6 plus acres and some of the terrain Is kind of rough. I have been told that the raptors are the bottom of the line put together with brackets but the fasttrak is a step up and it has a welded frame instead of brackets. Would it be worth giving this a try or should I just try another brand?
 
I've never been a fan of the Raptor (my neighbor had one and had issues with support brackets and deck hangers)
The frame and build on the FasTrak is better.
But for mowing 6 acres I would be looking for something bigger, faster, stronger (my opinion)
I have a Hustler Super Z (35HP, 72" deck) for mowing 8 acres and it is an awesome/well built mower.
 
Last edited:
I've never been a fan of the Raptor (my neighbor had one and had issues with support brackets and deck hangers)
The frame and build on the FasTrak is better.
But for mowing 6 acres I would be looking for something bigger, faster, stronger (my opinion)
I have a Hustler Super Z (35HP, 72" deck) for mowing 8 acres and it is an awesome/well built mower.
You might look at the Scag Cheetah & the Exmark.
 
Yeah, this will be my last Raptor. Too much work to keep her on the lawn. The deisel Hustlers might be nice, but I'm going to research a bit more.
 
Back
Top