It will crank and run great then after
15 min it dies let it sit for 20 min
It will recrank and after 15 min die
Again I've checked every thing.
Please help.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You say that you have checked everything, then surely you would have find something wrong by now...!.

Check the below next time it die's on you, and then come back with list of the things you have done, and the make and numbers off the engine.

Check for spark
Check to see if fuel is there
Check tank vent

Daddystoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
You say that you have checked everything, then surely you would have find something wrong by now...!.

Check the below next time it die's on you, and then come back with list of the things you have done, and the make and numbers off the engine.

Check for spark
Check to see if fuel is there
Check tank vent

I have changed the coils I have changed
The plugs. I even vented the gas lid. There
Is fuel. Once it dies I can choke it and it
Will run but it still on goes 15 min and dies.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Post up the engine make/numbers.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
A few suggestions/comments;
With ethanol having been blended into almost all gasoline supplies, I have found that carbs will get crud inside them even with regular use of additives and need to be removed and cleaned.
An 04 machine may have been built in 02 and in time the interior capillary tube part of fuel hoses will deteriorate and sometimes collapse causing fuel starvation.
Fuel pumps have become a frequently replaced item.
The engine may have blow by which can cause the crankcase pressure to change and not pulse the fuel pump sufficiently reducing fuel flow to the carb.
The crankcase vent could be clogged affecting the crankcase pressure and in turn affecting the fuel pumps ability to provide fuel to the carb.
The engine cooling system may be dirty causing the engine to overheat. An excessively hot air cooled engine can cause the incoming air/fuel mixture to separate the atomized fuel out of the air/fuel mixture and shut down the engine. Part of engine cooling is provided by the incoming air/fuel and this mix must remain atomized all the way thru the intake and compression cycles up to the time the spark plug fires and a short time after.
The hose to the fuel pump from the engine crankcase may have deteriorated. On some engines this hose is stuck thru a hole in the valve cover, others it is connected to a fitting on the crankcase where it is subjected to dirt that is passed thru with the incoming cooling airflow.
Mad Mackie in CT

east_tn_emc

Threads
Had something similar happening to our Turf Tiger a few years ago....turns out my father-in-law had gotten some sand in the gas-tank. It was slowly clogging up the fuel filter. If we let it sit for about 15-30 minutes, it would work its way back down the fuel line back into the tank. Run it for a while and it would eventually work its' way back into the filter and clog it up.

I replaced the filter and let about a quart run out of the fuel line. There were several teaspoons full of sand/dirt.

Has run fine ever since.

Might be worth a try...cheap fix to replace the fuel filter.