THROTTLE PLACEMENT AT CLUTCH INGAGEMENT

Abosco14

Threads
I AM HAVING A EXMAPRK 60" PIONEER DELIVERED TOMRW. (I AM EXCITED WITH THE DECISION SEEING I WAS ORIGINALLY LOOKING AT THE QUEST)
ANYWAYS, THE SALESMAN WAS TELLING ME TO ENGAGE THE PTO AT FULL THROTTLE TO KEEP THE BELTS FROM SLACKING AND CAUSING MORE WEAR TO THE BELT WITH PREMATURE BELT LIFE.
HOWEVER I KNOW THE MANUAL STATES TO ENGAGE THE PTO AT HALF THROTTLE...
CAN EVERYONE LET ME KNOW THEIR THOUGHTS AND WHICH THEY DO??
THANKS
TONY

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I AM HAVING A EXMAPRK 60" PIONEER DELIVERED TOMRW. (I AM EXCITED WITH THE DECISION SEEING I WAS ORIGINALLY LOOKING AT THE QUEST)
ANYWAYS, THE SALESMAN WAS TELLING ME TO ENGAGE THE PTO AT FULL THROTTLE TO KEEP THE BELTS FROM SLACKING AND CAUSING MORE WEAR TO THE BELT WITH PREMATURE BELT LIFE.
HOWEVER I KNOW THE MANUAL STATES TO ENGAGE THE PTO AT HALF THROTTLE...
CAN EVERYONE LET ME KNOW THEIR THOUGHTS AND WHICH THEY DO??
THANKS
TONY

Thread about that the last few days. consensus is full throttle to engage clutch PTO.

http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/husqvarna-dixon-forum/33153-should-you-engage-pto-full-throttle-2.html

jcook77

Forum Newbie
Threads
From the manual for my 2002 Lazer Z HP:

Engaging PTO: The PTO clutch push-pull switch engages the cutting blades.
Be sure that all persons are clear of mower deck and discharge area before engaging PTO.
IMPORTANT: Operator must be in seat before the PTO can be engaged.
Set throttle to "midway" position. Pull outward on the switch to the “ROTATE”
position. Accelerate to full throttle to begin mowing.
Stopping PTO: Set the throttle to the “IDLE” position. Push in on the switch to
the “STOP” position stopping the PTO.

I've always done full throttle on my box store mowers, seems that's what their manuals said. On this one I think I'll try doing it the way Exmark specifies and see how that goes.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do what your manual says. Abelt is $80 a clutch is $300.00

jcook77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Agreed. I had always been told to engage PTO only at full throttle on all my previous mowers. Exmark manual is pretty clear on this one. Mid throttle, PTO on, throttle to full, then mow. And IDLE before disengaging. Seems kinda odd to me, but I'll go with it.