Throttle linkage and Gov. linkage

Rod in MN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I do have a 5hp. Briggs&Strattion engine on a wood spilter that a guy droped off for me to get running for him.

Back to the engine from hell i didn't get to hear it run they couldn't get it running i found the pickup tube in the bottom of the tank and springs unhooked and The Throttle rod weld up to make it longer. The Model# 130202 Type# 0878 01 Code# 81041410. The throttle rod comes out up on the top of the engine and has a slid chock. The carb is pulas jet w/slid chock and a fuel pump. I did checked the gov. arm and shaft that is ok. the spring from the Gov. arm to throttle pivot hangs losse. I can pull up or push on the throttle rod and the engine does not change speed? It looks like they made the link from the throttle pivot to the throttle shaft i do not know if it is right and i can not find one??

I would like to put a throttle cable on it to the throttle pivot and skip the gov. I can not find a service manual for this model

I did do some after Returing 15 years ago Not by choice. After 25 years as a John Deere service Tech. Mostly on Skid Loaders, Combines, Forage Choppers and Lawn Mowers. Also drove Semi deleverling and pickup Machinery for 5 years. It was the Skid loaders that did my back in. I have no disk left in my lower back.
Sorry it got so long

Thank You
Rod in MN

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This manual should help you out. Post back with pictures if you need more help.

Rod in MN

Forum Newbie
Threads
This manual should help you out. Post back with pictures if you need more help.
HI Rivets. Thank"s for the book i printed some pages and tried it and its all hooked up the way it shows But i can not control the engine speed Its like the spring on the Gov. arm is to short or to strong. The type number how do you find out what that means How do i know what the gov. and throttle linkage should be on this engine

Thank You
Rod in MN
I will see if we can find out how to post pictures

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you can post a pic of the carb and governor linkage, it would be great.

Rod in MN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will see if i can get my son to put some one and show me hoe to do it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you, just so much easier if I can see it.

Rod in MN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did get it to run but the Gov. wont work the way it should. I out a knob on a nut and can adj the engine speed that way. And the Gov arm is pulled all the way up so he has idle at about 1750 RPM and high speed 3800RPM thats all i'm going to do on it the engine should have been junked but he wanted it fixed

Thank You

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take a second look at these two explanations and illustrations, together they may tell you what you might be missing. Section 5 page 14 & 15 speed adjustment Section 4 page 13 & 14 governor control

Rod in MN

Forum Newbie
Threads
Take a second look at these two explanations and illustrations, together they may tell you what you might be missing. Section 5 page 14 & 15 speed adjustment Section 4 page 13 & 14 governor control
On page 4-13, FIG 54, FIG 55, FIG 56, 4-14 FIG 57 s what i have I dont know if the Gov throttle plate is bent or notthe right one is gone now and told him if he has mor engine problem to look for a differnt engine