This is a cliche'

RustyAllen

Threads
I am a new member. I own antiquated equipment because the vast majority of the new stuff out here has no place in my category of approval or my budget. The 5 garden tractors I own and operate range from 44 to 47 years old. They will be here, I'm sure, when I'm gone. Thanks to the administrator who approved my membership. I don't know if I will ever be completely comfortable with this computer tech and will never do my communicating with a cell or smart phone, you can take that to the bank.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
There isn't anything inherently wrong with cell phones. They can be a mighty handy thing to have.

Cell phone-oholics are the problem. Especially in cars. I constantly see people texting or surfing or whatever WHILE THEY'RE DRIVING 70 MPH. Primarily young women, but plenty of men, too.

SidecarFlip

Threads
Around here, 70 is slow traffic. My car has hands free and I use it when called. Far as surfing the net, only at home.

RustyAllen

Threads
I've spent 40 years in an 18 wheeler. Cell phones in the truck saved time and looking for a pay phone, but I'd go back to when they were not yet invented in a heart beat. The bad apples are going to spoil it for everyone, although I wonder why it hasn't already happened. One day there is going to be a device put in vehicles that blocks cell reception unless sitting still, and I must admit, with the given reality of all the egg-heads out there, I'm in favor of it. Those who operate motor vehicles of every sort, in every capacity, are guilty of endangerment and deserve this new freedom control. The driverless car (autonomous) will be the next thing that shows us how technology will be abused. If it's put in the hands of a human being, expect 95% of us to be controlled by the 5% who should have their head smacked with an oil soaked oak 2X4. I no longer recognize the country I grew up in. I am truly living in a world I don't understand.

shadesofidaho

Threads
I am a new member. I own antiquated equipment because the vast majority of the new stuff out here has no place in my category of approval or my budget. The 5 garden tractors I own and operate range from 44 to 47 years old. They will be here, I'm sure, when I'm gone. Thanks to the administrator who approved my membership. I don't know if I will ever be completely comfortable with this computer tech and will never do my communicating with a cell or smart phone, you can take that to the bank.

Welcome I am new too. I totally get you on the cell phone issues. I own one I carry with me because I have to drive long distances to town alone. It is a pay by the minute deal no internet texting. IT does take photos I transfer to my computer by cord. I do NOT give out my number except to a couple people I might need to call for help. Only so they know it is me calling. Those people know never to call me on my cell. It usually sits turned off in my purse. I take it out to charge it and put it back.

i am happy with my newer toro 2013 version but I do drive an old Blazer 1995. It is my second car because I do need a car with good gas mileage. But I also need one that I can drive in the snow in emergencies. The good fuel mileage has too little ground clearance for around here in winter driving. The highway is cleared but can not get off it into towns because they do not plow there unless it is over a foot deep.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

We're happy to have you aboard. There's nothing wrong with keeping something that was built to last :smile:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
:welcome:

We're happy to have you aboard. There's nothing wrong with keeping something that was built to last :smile:

Sometimes I think my wifey isn't too happy I'm lasting so long .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

RustyAllen

Threads
Sometimes I think my wifey isn't too happy I'm lasting so long .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

I thought my wife was giving me a compliment when she called me a model husband. The dictionary said it's a scaled down version of the real thing.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I thought my wife was giving me a compliment when she called me a model husband. The dictionary said it's a scaled down version of the real thing.

Things to ponder over ...

!cid_5_3811805280@web180211_mail_gq1_yahoo.jpg...funny-wedding-advices-beautiful-best-bride-ideas-marriage.jpg

shadesofidaho

Threads
Hahaha you guys. Now I never said such thing about my hubby. Well maybe once or twice............. :rolleyes: