This can't be right. Briggs & Stratton 595660

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looks like the 09P602-0019-F1 is using the 595660 cover. But the serial number that you originally posted is coming back to a different engine than the model you posted. But I have seen the Briggs serial number search come up with some weird results depending on how the serial number is input. All numbers together give one model. Spacing between certain numbers will give another.
I looked at several places and kept coming up with that same part number (595660). And i can't remember ever getting any bad info from Greentree. So when they listed this as being over 8", I was stumped. Trying to remember if I'd ever seen one of these covers (with the primer hole) being bigger than any others (for this type of briggs)

I didn't want to get into a situation by ordering the wrong part over a slight mistake. Those plastic pieces almost never get used.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Pt then you going have to get your head out of the clouds and look on the crankcase for the model number.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pt then you going have to get your head out of the clouds and look on the crankcase for the model number.
I told you, it's stamped on the plate that holds the carburetor.

1711674247408.jpeg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry I didn't see post #9. This is that happens when OP does so far into a thread. Plus forgive me as I having a nightmare of a week with a distributor and not all posts shows up here at times. I about to hit them to the curve. They change their software and expect me to pay for their mistakes. I got two packages coming out the same warehouse so they either double shipped the order or they put each OEM in a separate box. I won't know until FedEx shows up late Friday.

So I am now confused as the serial coming back one model, you find a model number in an unusual place than where I usually find them. I beginning to wonder how screwed up is Briggs lately. IL mention if the serial is entered differently it might come up with a different model but I several ways and only one worked on the Power Portal which was 1204105472598.

As for the PN you just going to have to order it to see for yourself. But here is a measurement layout from Amazon provider which I would trust more than a random size not against measure layout.

1711698887732.png
Appears to be 6 x 4-5/8

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry I didn't see post #9. This is that happens when OP does so far into a thread. Plus forgive me as I having a nightmare of a week with a distributor and not all posts shows up here at times. I about to hit them to the curve. They change their software and expect me to pay for their mistakes. I got two packages coming out the same warehouse so they either double shipped the order or they put each OEM in a separate box. I won't know until FedEx shows up late Friday.

So I am now confused as the serial coming back one model, you find a model number in an unusual place than where I usually find them. I beginning to wonder how screwed up is Briggs lately. IL mention if the serial is entered differently it might come up with a different model but I several ways and only one worked on the Power Portal which was 1204105472598.

As for the PN you just going to have to order it to see for yourself. But here is a measurement layout from Amazon provider which I would trust more than a random size not against measure layout.

View attachment 68166
Appears to be 6 x 4-5/8

It's all good.

And you're right. It was confusing, because Greentree is saying this product is 8.40in tall and 7.35in wide.

This engine is a 2012, I think. So Briggs hasn't been right in a while. I don't remember seeing a model number stamped on that carb mounting plate either. But then again, I never really paid that close attention. Just find the number, and move on. The location of the stamp isn't important, unless you can't find it. lol

In fact, when I found it, I wasn't even looking in that spot. I only happened onto it when I was cleaning off the dirt stuck on the carb.