Thinking of buying an Z Force S54, input wanted.

RoLnD79

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. We have a big yard to mow, 4 acres or so with 100+ trees to mow around. We had a husqvarna with 900 hours on it, and transmission blew the other day. We have a hilly pond bank to mow, and a couple other hilly areas. So I avoided levered zero turns, this model is supposed to be better for hills.

I really liked this model, but today I was doing a bunch of searching on the Internet, and found a bunch of complaints from 2011-2013 or so, about this thing throwing belts and destroying them constantly, along with a couple other issues people had. I read it was a belt tensioner deal, when you engaged the parking brake, it out slack in the belt and rubbed against the belt guards, throwing or destroying the belts.

My question is, I haven't read hardly any complaints from the past few years, is this an issue they fixed? I don't want to buy a 4600 dollar mower, and have belt problems right away, or any problems for that matter. We put around 80 hours or so on a mower a year, so I want something that's going to hold up well. If not this, I'm going to get a John Deere X380.

Any imput on this matter is much appreciated, as I'm going to look at the Z54 tomorrow morning, I had trouble finding any in stock, apparently they are selling good.