There's a Marsupial Under my Mower!!

RhettWS

Threads
Hello,

While working on my mower I noticed one of my dogs showing a great deal of attention to my mower. The dog never barked but kept sniffing around and looking underneath. I finally decided to bend down a little further and I saw a possum.:laughing:

Possum.jpg

Sorry for the crappy photo. My old phone couldn't figure out what to focus on. I put on some heavy gloves with a jacket and reached up under there, grabbed it by the tail, and pulled it out. The dogs were happy. I put the possum in a small tree. After that the possum seemed happy too.

Glad I didn't crank it up to mow!!!:eek:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Luckilly your dog found the little possum! It was probably getting cozy in the grass on the deck.

RhettWS

Threads
Lawnboy18,

I am glad the dog found it. It would have been a real mess not including what the possum would have gone through. I think it was in the garage and when I came into the area it ran up under the deck to hide. I move a bunch of pot plants in and out depending on the weather. It was probably looking for a snack. I'm glad it was young and it only weighed about 5 lbs. An adult would have been much harder to extract.

Rhett

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Indeed. Adult would of probably fight back!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last year I had a customer that fired up his roto tiller with a snake coiled up in the engine flywheel shield. What a mess