The neighbors yard you love to hate!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
in most cases I can spend more time with the guy with the junk cars than the one with the mint lawn.

Now that is a refreshingly TRUE way to look at it... :smile:KennyV

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
If this is the entire list of complaints, consider yourself lucky. very lucky. I have neighbors that I wish my only comlaint was some junk laying around or a yard full of weeds.

LandN

Threads
dont be a lazy irrespnsible homeowner. if you cant properly maintain a home , get an apartment. ANY neighborhood is your castle,your pride and joy, and in most cases your biggest investment. treat it and respect it well. and the neighbors that surround you.Junk cars laying around, lawns uncut, windows broken etc. is an extension of who you are.Take pride in every thing you do........."if better is possible then good is not enough" :smile: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
dont be a lazy irrespnsible homeowner. if you cant properly maintain a home , get an apartment. ANY neighborhood is your castle,your pride and joy, and in most cases your biggest investment. treat it and respect it well. and the neighbors that surround you.Junk cars laying around, lawns uncut, windows broken etc. is an extension of who you are.Take pride in every thing you do........."if better is possible then good is not enough" :smile: :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Very well stated, pride in home ownership is reflected in how you care for your property...many times I get behind in mowing during the rainy months and with a 5 acre yard that is easy to do, but I never let the grass get knee high. :laughing::laughing:

Our township hired a code enforcement officer a few years back, he cracked down on several people with the "no junk cars" rules, I had a 20 year old pickup that sat outside and I used it to haul debris and firewood around, it wasn't registered but was running and wasn't a junker, well he said I had to store it indoors because of no plates. Rules are rules but he was being somewhat of a jerk because the farm a half mile north of us has unregistered non running vehicles and junk farm equipment everyplace. And he didn't say anything to them.

BGC

Threads
Makes you wonder if their house looks as bad on the inside. There are a lot of places that have neighborhood associations and a messy yard is trouble with a capital T.

Smartaleck

Threads
We have a mixture to be honest. One old guy over the road sleeps all day as he's on medication and never mows or cleans his leaves up but we take turns to do it for him, and another of my neighbours is so fussy he picks individual leaves off his lawn with a tool!:laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a mixture to be honest. One old guy over the road sleeps all day as he's on medication and never mows or cleans his leaves up but we take turns to do it for him, and another of my neighbours is so fussy he picks individual leaves off his lawn with a tool!:laughing:

Look at it this way...in the summer months my yard isn't always as nice as my neighbors are but during at least a quarter of the year mine is better maintained than theirs is because I am the only one who is really devoted to keeping his driveway clear. Does that count for something? :biggrin:

LandN

Threads
Look at it this way...in the summer months my yard isn't always as nice as my neighbors are but during at least a quarter of the year mine is better maintained than theirs is because I am the only one who is really devoted to keeping his driveway clear. Does that count for something? :biggrin:

Your drive sounds a lot like mine, which by the way makes me remember way way back when the kids were home and 9 yes 9 no not 8 but 9 stinking cars in the drive and in front of the house, boy i'm sure glad those days are gone,yea now my drive has no cars, no snow, no weeds:laughing: yea i made a pusher just for the drive to get every last snow flake off and its usually the best drive in the neighborhood:thumbsup:

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
No, but I know what you mean. When someone's lawn doesn't look as good as everyone else's, it really stands out and I think makes the neighborhood look worse. I know it shouldn't be that way, but it is. I have so many people in my area that have amazing lawns and it makes me want to step up my game. Keeps me on my toes for sure lol.