The need for a good book

Joe55

Forum Newbie
Hi again all,
I am about to attempt to rebuild the carburetor on an Ariens HT16 Sierra. Its attached to a Briggs & Stratton 16 hp motor. I need to remove the carb but there is no way to get the tools on the fasteners unless the whole manifold comes off. I can't seem to find any thing to look at and need a direction to a manual if possible.
Thanks in advance
Joe
 
On the bottom front of the carb is a plug, that takes a 5/8" wrench. Remove it, and crank, and see if fuel pulses out.... In this hole is a jet that is removed with an
"allen" wrench, remove it and clean it, and crank some more. Reassemble and see what happens. If it doesn't clear up, then you may have to remove and clean the carb....
 
Thanks Fish. Someone had mentioned that I could clean it in place...this tells me a lot/ Thanks again. :smile: pictures coming.....
 
Back
Top